Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Today the birds are singing; I hear cars driving past my house and children playing in the neighbor's yard. A dog barks, again, I listen


Today the birds are singing; I hear cars driving past my house and children playing in the neighbor's yard.  A dog barks, again, I listen to the birds while the breeze flows through the trees, causing the leaves to rustle in the wind.   It is pleasant, indeed.  It is quiet, and yet there is much activity.   One neighbor begins to rev up his car motor, and then it stops.  I can hear a saw begin to turn, and men start to speak, some home maintenance; perhaps,  another car drives by, children playing tag, my husband is on the phone with a client, and then as if on cue the leaves rustle in the wind again.
The sounds in synchrony.  Footsteps, a door opens and shuts, a shower begins, and a toilet flushed.  More birds sing, and our wind chimes play music as a gust of wind reminds it of its purpose.

When I turn off the T.V. and radio, I sit and listen to the world around me; I can be mindful.  When I jot down the things I hear, and I can focus on the moment.  For 5 minutes, connected with life, and I am content.

Try this journaling technique today.  What did you hear, how did these noises make you feel?  Did you find a way to relax?

No comments:

Post a Comment