Thursday, June 13, 2019

Often, I make plans, consider options, and let the creative juices to flow.

Forsythia
Forsythia by Rose Elaine
Gratitude Journal

I prop myself up in the morning, listen to my radio program, and drink a cup of coffee before I even get out of bed.  It is my time to think, meditate, and allow myself some time before I ramp up for the rest of the day.  Often, I make plans, consider options, and let the creative juices to flow.

If you do not currently find an hour a day to reflect, I highly recommend this practice.  I have found this time will lower my stress, and it gives me the right mindset for tackling the issues that need to be addressed.

Research shows that employees that reflected on their studies 15 minutes a day about their lessons performed 23% better than those who did not reflect.

Jennifer Porter reported in Harvard Business Review March 21, 2017, that we should make time for self-reflection (even if you hate doing it).  Here are some of her recommendations:


  • Select a reflection process that matches your preference. Some people journal, like me, others like to walk, bike, or sit and think.
  • Schedule a time, as I mentioned, I like early mornings before the rush of the day. 
  • Start small; maybe an hour is too long for you, perhaps 10 or 15 minutes would be a great way to begin. 

Purchase your Gratitude Journal: Forsythia (Journal / Notebook / Diary)

Rose Elaine Artist Website

Purchase Rose Elaine Artwork at Fine Art America






No comments:

Post a Comment