Tuesday, June 11, 2019

I had a man stop me the other day while I was at a show sharing






I had a man stop me the other day while I was at a show sharing the value of my journals. He was probably in his mid 50's, and as we talked, he told me that he had been keeping a little notebook for years. "I go on these fishing trips with family and friends every year," he continued, "And, I write down where I went, and who came with me, what kind of fish we caught, what the weather was like and little stories of our adventures together. Some of these men are long gone and have passed away, but the memories are fresh in my mind. As I flip through this notebook, I remember." The man smiled and said, "I understand what you are doing."

What a beautiful example of how the act of writing things down in a notebook or a unique journal can bring us joy, bring back memories, or help us remember when things occurred.

Do you have a notebook or journal that you use to help keep track of family gatherings?

No comments:

Post a Comment