Sunday, June 30, 2019

I tend to like a well-coordinated look. I love my shoes and purse to match.



I tend to like a well-coordinated look.  I love my shoes and purse to match. I want to coordinate, match napkins, placemats, and candles with the dinnerware.  I prefer that my house has a cohesive look.  But I do not live alone.  There are four other members of my family, and I have five cats and a new kitten.

My husband and children have distinct personalities. One French teacher put it, after teaching all three of my kids, "It's hard to believe that they are from the same family."  I am proud of this distinction, and it gives my home a vibrant personality.  Sometimes a compromise is hard to achieve. Arguments ensue, making amends can take time, but, there is a lot of love and friendship.

The mixture of personalities, tastes, desires, and goals can be exhausting. Especially if I am in the mood to coordinate a picture-perfect moment. If I do not have every member of my family on board with my purpose.  To avoid these issues, I try to simplify.

This 4th of July we plan to grill hot-dogs and hamburgers, we will have potato chips and paper plates.  I will not stress about the dining room table today. I will not concern myself about place settings or insist that the desert has a red, white, and blue, theme.  I will not try to get the DJ of the family to find patriotic songs to play. while showing a patriotic movie, with the sound off on the Television.  Nor will I try to put a red, white and blue bow on the cats!  This year I will focus only on the fun and joy of living.  I will celebrate and enjoy what each member of the family brings to the table.



Have a safe and happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment